Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday musings

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/most-popular/flash-mob-rewards-recycling-woman.html

I just watched the video in the link above. It is a flash mob that rewards a woman for recycling. Very fun and pleasing :) my husband watched it with me and commented that he had seen one in downtown Pittsburgh for Pride. A friend had told him about it and there were news people and the like there and ready to capture the 'surprise' moment.

So I was thinking about the whole flash mob phenom and how fun it is that people organize them to appear somewhat at random for the fun of it. Also, these two in particular, and many more I'm sure, have a message. The difference I'm noting with this new kind of public comment is that it is in support of what is wanted as opposed to protesting what is unwanted.

What a cool shift...

No comments:

Post a Comment